Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Daniel, the prophet who prayed diligently, wrote ...

Daniel 10: 10-21

And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and [upon] the palms of my hands.
And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Then said he unto me, ** Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. **
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia (an angel who serves the enemy of YHWH God) withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes (the archangel, who serves YHWH God), came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people (the people of Israel) in the latter days: for yet the vision [is] for [many] days.
And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
And, behold, [one] like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
For how can the servant of this my Lord talk with this my Lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
Then there came again and touched me [one] like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace [be] unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my Lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia (an angel): and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia (an angel) shall come.
But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and [there is] none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince (the prince / angel of the people of Israel, God's chosen people).


You may wish to visit the site at the Blue Letter Bible. I used it to provide this Scripture passage for you all:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Dan&c=10&v=1&t=KJV#top


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

** Above, one verse stands out among the others, in this passage: verse 12.
In verse 12, we need to see "some help we all need to think about" -- God is hearing our cries to Him, in prayer! He is answering our prayers, all that have righteous, pure motives, and ... are prayed as our souls are in the right condition He desires our souls to be in, since He is The Holy God. If we have sin we're holding onto, have not confessed, to God or to others involved in the sin we did, or in the action or words we should have done, but omitted, then we cannot expect God to hear our prayers in the way we desire Him to. It hinders our prayers to God. (ouch!)

He goes even further: He says to husbands, in I Peter 3: 7 (the entire passage, from verse 1 through 7 should be considered, altogether, along with related teachings God shares with us, in His complete Word): "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them (each husband's one wife) according to knowledge (from God), giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the Grace of Life; that your prayers be not hindered."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please, keep praying!
The Lord on High is listening!!
He will answer according to His Will, and how His response will be used, and orchestrated by Him, to bring Glory to His Holy Name, and ... will be used, by Him, to draw more men's hearts to His own Loving Heart!