Sunday, August 30, 2009

Psalm 23 -- some thoughts from God, through king David

Psalm 23

The Lord (YHWH -- The I AM) *is* "my" Shepherd; (Amen!)
I shall not want. (have lack of anything)

He maketh me (continually) to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me (continually) beside the still (peace-filled) waters.

He restoreth (continually) my soul:
(He continues, moment by moment, to heal my emotional hurts, and my wrong affections are adjusted by His Gentle Healing Hand ....)
He leadeth me in the paths of Righteousness for His Name's sake.
(He fulfills His Will, for the glory of His Name, "ha Shem.")

Yea, though I walk *through* the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear *no* evil: (of any kind, Lord!)
for Thou (O Lord) art with me; Thy Rod (of correction) and
Thy Staff (of Thy authority, & realm of duty, responsibility)
they comfort me. (strengthen me)

Thou (O God, my Lord & King) preparest a table before me (to
banquet with Thee, O Lord!) in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; (as You ordain me to do Your Will)
my cup runneth over. (with Joy, with agape Love, with blessing You
bring to me, to my life)

Surely Goodness (God "is" Goodness) and Mercy (He is The Father
of Mercies) shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of The Lord (YHWH) forever.
(amazing, but true! Hallelujah! He will let His Goodness
and His Mercy "follow" me, while on earth, and then, He will
invite me to come & spend eternity with Him, in His house,
besides the time I spend communing with Him, while on this
journey of life on earth!)

God sure is Good! (to us, His children)

Amazing Love! (of The Righteous Lord of Heaven and earth)

Praise His Name!